|Normal Attire | Nanba Uniform|
Meat-Shield (ミートシールド Mītoshīrudo)
24th of December
Purple with blue bangs
Lightly Tan (Originally Tan)
|Medical Concerns and Ailments||
Cannot live without his drugs
|Tattoos and Unusual Features||
Nanba Prison Supervisor
Nanba Prison Inmate
|Base of Operations||
Nanba Prison (Building 2)
Nanba Prison Staff
Second Art (Swordsmanship)
|Weaponry and Armor||
Duwa (ドゥオア duoa) is a former inmate turned supervisor after having been situated in Nanba Prison for six years after being convicted for participating in a large drug dealing and drug abuse scandal that resulted in the rise of heroin and meth users all over the oceanic regions. The adopted son of the ringleader of the giant operation, his adopted father gave up Duwa to law enforcement officers in exchange for his freedom in order to continue selling more drugs and substances, which they accepted and named Duwa as the official figurehead due to the wealth also offered alongside Duwa. Now a guard of Nanba prison, Duwa does all he can to make sure that the inmates of Nanba keep in line as he does his very best in catching and bringing back any escaping inmates that attempt to flee their cell, working as the established supervisor of Building 2. A great opposer of the acquisition and ownership of harmful and illegal substances and drugs, Duwa ironically creates and uses a mysterious combination of strange substances that seem to help enhance his immense durability, a product of the use of drugs that he created and tested on himself in order to become stronger. After the testing and creating of numerous experiments that he had tested on himself he has finally been able to achieve his goal after discovering the formula and contents of the perfect serum but at a price, that he must continue injecting the substance everyday or he will soon be weakened and die if not taken enough in a period of time.
A symbol of everlasting strength Duwa is a force to be reckoned with as the drug substance that he had been so determined to create and utilise has greatly enhanced Duwa's capabilities where some may not even consider Duwa to be human anymore as the drug has seemed to strip Duwa of fear and also his sanity. Duwa's fantastic durability which he is known for among the prison staff is something un-natural as not even shots from numerous guns at the same time could bring Duwa down, as he was recorded to have been able to continue fine as if nothing had happened but just with a few bullet holes that didn't seem to bother him. Since the drug has removed fear from Duwa, he is not afraid of getting himself into a fight even if it seems apparent that he may not win due to the sheer power that his opponent may have compared to Duwa himself, as he idiotically refuses to back down from a fight that he feels confident about. These drugs have also shown to make Duwa extremely aware of his surroundings as he can detect even the smallest change in environment if he even can pay attention, noticing finger prints and even the presence of people around him, extremely useful when wanting to jump a person or defend before he gets jumped himself.
Sometimes looked down on by the other supervisors of Nanba Prison due to how weak he can be considered compared to the other guards, Duwa is still very dangerous in his own way as he is both the expert swordsman and fine marksman, being both a threat in close up combat and long ranged fights. A master of his unique skill known as Second Art and the creator of the fighting set God Weave, it is no wonder to why Duwa has still retained his place as a supervisor of Building 2. Duwa is also somewhat of a medicinal genius since he was young as shown by the fact that he had created a drug from inside the prison walls of Nanba Prison whilst also practising his sword fighting skills, not to forget finishing the drug serum just in time before he was released back into the world to use it on his father, even though he was intending the drug to kill the man instead. With little ingredients, Duwa is a very resourceful person and can make nearly anything he wants from what little materials that he can get his hands on, displaying his great creativity and ingenuity to make what ever he wants come to life before his very eyes.
Often called the Meat-Shield (ミートシールド Mītoshīrudo) due to his ability to soak in damage with his immense durability and drugs that can give his body several aspects in order to utilize the durability greatly for Duwa's personal use, Duwa can take in several hits from several other opponents without getting tired out or hurt which gives him a higher chance at subduing the attacker. Duwa is also very resilient against bullets that try to cut and enter Duwa's body, as he can take in numerous projectiles before actually feeling and getting hurt, which allows his partners to go behind him in order to use him as a Human Shield. His other name Blind Monkey (ブラインドモンキー Buraindomonkī) comes from way back before his time in Nanba prison as his father and associates recognised Duwa for his ability to gracefully flow around the area almost effortlessly which they used to throw rocks and what not at him as he dodged them all with such ease. Duwa is also able to do this with his eyes closed shut and even blindfolded which is the true origin of his name, almost as if he has another pair of eyes looking around him to know where certain objects and stuff are being projected towards his position, where as we all know by now calmly dodges it with such timing and accuracy.
It is quite difficult whether to identify Duwa as either female (due to his feminine features) or male but in actual fact Duwa is a fully grown man who is extremely dangerous when one is too clueless around him when he feels threatened, in which case he will attack if he feels it is needed. A tall and slightly slender fellow Duwa is looks pretty threatening when one can come to acknowledge his dangerous power as he towers over some of the smaller and normal heighten inmates and staff of Nanba prison, always having a sinister yet innocent smile whenever patrolling the establishment and his appointed grounds and building. His expression never seems to change as the look of insanity and evil corrupts the once innocent human being though at rare times he can looks very professional and intelligent when he wants at those seldom times of coming up with actual smart suggestions. Duwa originally tanned just like the standard Filipino where he spent of his time out in the sun due to not having been able to live in a house in the slums as his adopted father wouldn't let him in, Duwa's time within Nanba prison has caused him to turn a little lighter tanned as his cell didn't have a lot of sunlight coming into his space. His brown eyes that are usually filled with madness and unkindness can change colour from time to time depending on what kind of drugs he is currently under the influence as these homemade drugs used to enhance his skill take an apparent effect on his body through the eye colours, from purple to yellow there is a variety that he is open for. He had black hair but now has dyed fully purple that reaches down to and even past his neck, along with the addition of blue bangs that go down the sides of his face as he can use them to distract targets who get focused on the colour as he moves around gracefully.
His normal attire is nothing too special but very manipulating of what Duwa looks like he is capable of, as he resembles a normal person though just with a large black coat walking around the prison, very suspicious though Duwa's excuse for wearing this around the establishment is that he always forgets to wash his Nanba prison uniform. The first notable article of clothing is his large black coat that reaches down below his knees and half way his calves, which he says is very helpful when gliding around the arena as he draws closer and closer to his prey of choice. Though a soft material for the inner body and the inside of the large clothing piece the coat seems to have leather arms which are made out of heat proof materials that do a lot of good for Duwa when facing fire utilises. There is a sheathe on the back for his darling Rose which is easily accessible for him whenever he is ready to fight, simply reaching back and swiping the blade out if the opponent is right in front of him, where he can do this in just an instant. Underneath his large coat is a standard outfit made out of a light purple shirt with the cut reaching down halfway his chest, revealing the clean shaven chest that Duwa spends time caring for, and over that is an extremely low cut darker purple shaded shirt that would have shown much more chest. Duwa wears black pants that cover his lanky legs which seem to have several pockets that line the sides of his legs which are useful for storing many objects and drugs for Duwa to use later on. Donning leather black gloves and shoes which are also made out of the same materials from his leather coat arms, Duwa can handle fire pretty easily provided that he is equipping the suitable clothing which he always does.
Duwa's wardrobe is not only limited to his standard attire as there is plenty more combination of clothes that Duwa enjoys wearing to showcase though it does seem to be less than helpful when tackling down escaping inmates or rebelling prisoners of Nanba, as these outfits are usually just for important peaceful meetings. One of his outfits is compromised of the same black coat that Duwa wears with his casual attire with the leather arms which provide some sort of defence as he has no black leather gloves to come match with his leather arms and shoes made out of fire proof material. This time now underneath the coat is a formal business suit which is a collection of a white dress shirt with a pocket on the chest for pens and important notes he might need to keep on his person with all buttons done up even though his maniacal nature might make people presume he is very messy and unorganised. Done up underneath the collar with the top button locked in is a long blue tie that sort of matches the colour of his bangs of his hair, which is tied up that the tip drapes down to Duwa's belt which he wears obviously to keep his suit pants up. The belt is accessorised with a pure golden buckle that sternly locks the belt in place for Duwa's comfort as he does it up which allows him to retain his wind like elegance as he prances around when dodging incoming projectiles. His suit pants are nothing special but the two pockets that are stitched on both sides go very deep allowing Duwa to hold more into these pockets even though the more he holds the bigger the bulge would be on his sides. The same leather boots are worn except these pair of shoes are steel capped and plated within, giving Duwa more defence and an extra kick when attacking his opponents with leg attacks when combining movements with his attacks from katana.
Last but not least to mention is Duwa's officer outfit that he wears very much rarely as he forgets to wash his uniform in order for work so that he can turn up in his casual outfit, due to the casual clothes being more suitable for combat and all whilst he is especially more vulnerable in his guard attire. There are many changes to Duwa's outfit as he must keep in line with the rules of Nanba prison though Duwa is allowed to have his katana by his side, which he keeps the scabbard to sheath it just at his left side where it would be more professional and easier for him to withdraw whilst in guard attire. His whole outfit is the standard guard outfit that all the staff in Nanba prison hold, for the top he wears a black coat with gold threading in the form of many intricate designs that line the outfit, most notably his shoulder designs as they are golden threaded pads stitched onto the shoulders with long gold threaded weaves that drape down around his shoulders. Along with the normal red band that goes around his arm in the other arm of his bicep is a black and dark gold band as a way to "unique" himself from the other guards to show that he is a person himself and not like the rest. The coat is buttoned up fully but what can be seen of underneath is a white dress shirt along with a top button done up as it holds a black tie that doesn't seem to show on the bottom side of the jacket as Duwa's other professional ties do themselves. Duwa wears white leather gloves still made out of the same material as his other leather items which is the only sort of defence wear that Duwa wields in this attire, as his leather shoes though may look as if they do, do not as so Duwa must rely on hand to hand to take down fire opponents.
PersonalityEditHe is very friendly to the populace around him such as fellow prison staff members and even the inmates of Nanba prison as he is in charge of guarding and securing these people after all, so he might as well as he must spend most of his day with them. This type of friendliness however does indeed come with perks that Duwa can use to his disposal whenever necessary for usage, such as using several debts to him by guards and inmates alike to get out of trouble with many issues such as money, shortage of supply and needing someone to carry out a certain task for him. Duwa is in good relation with most members of the Nanba prison community but there's always those people who have something against Duwa be it a past incident or just plain don't like his attitude which is usually just because people are extremely suspicious of his friendly attitude to the guards and inmates of the prison establishment. This kindness and care shown on the outside of Duwa is just a cover up for his true personality, a selfish and greedy soul who is willing to put the lives and reputations of his close friends and allies at stake in order to sustain his health and create more drug serums that give him these abilities. The one true thing Duwa really cares about is himself as he tries hard to make sure that he is able to retain and even up his storage supply of the substance and the ingredients used to make the formula for his special drug. Though aside his concealed personality and true being he really is a nice guy although it takes the right people in order to achieve this kind of nature from him at all without a ounce of fake somewhere within his independent acts of goodwill to the fellow community.
Duwa can be just as much a leader as he is a follower, as he has been able to show leadership and in dependency from others and his supervisor as he hunts down and catches prison inmates that attempt breaking put whilst the supervisor and officers pay no attention to them, something Duwa always manages to sense. Cunning and intelligent Duwa is able to pursue his targets with extreme ease and caution as he turns into a predator hounding their next meal, something that perfectly describes Duwa when ever he enters this state of anticlimactically through the spaces of his set prison building. He has the capability to lead a small squadron of guards and what not through difficult obstacles and challenges though does prefer to follow a leading figure himself, as he finds it easier to follow directions instead of giving directions to his attendants where he will complete the task down to the smallest detail described on the method. He also uses the excuse for depending on a leading figure so that if something were to go horribly wrong Duwa's will to do it wouldn't be questioned but the person who had given Duwa the order for him to complete, leaving Duwa in the clear as he was only just taking orders, still showing his selfishness and manipulative mind to keep him in the safe zone. His dependency on others is also shown through the fact that he must rely on other people to supply him with opportunities and supplies for him to create more and more of his serum for him to stay alive and strong. This trust in other peoples' help is his biggest weakness and if he was to ever be cut from the community and care of Nanba prison then he would be sure to die and dry up as he becomes more and more weaker till his imminent death.
In combat Duwa is a sadistic and bloodthirsty fighter who will try his best in order to put his target into the ground, dead or alive depending on the situation that Duwa has found himself in, not afraid to execute those that try and defy his power and continuously resist the law of Nanba unless he was stopped by someone. Having been formed into a weapon in the shell of a sentient human being Duwa is well experienced with sword combat and is heavily confident in his skills as an expert swordsman, a title he carries with duty and honour as he displays it on the field. Duwa prefers not to use firearms too often as he likes to get up and personal with his enemy, disliking the idea of cowardly keeping distance between oneself and the enemy as they show they're weak by attacking the opponent without feeling the violent rage between two combatants. Duwa loves a good fight and wouldn't back down from a fight even if he knew that he would lose, the height, size and power of the opponent doesn't affect him as well at all as Duwa laughs in the face of danger, always up to take on an opponent twice his size. He does however know his own limits in combat though and will retreat if he feels it is necessary to take a short break during the midst of battle when he can rest up for the next attacks in order for him to take down his opponents. These retreats do not stray too far from the target and are always within the arena to assure that they are still fighting as to not misguide the opponent to thinking that Duwa has forfeited the combat match leaving his enemy the victor, something that Duwa hates very much. Overall Duwa is a bloodthirsty fighter who isn't afraid to spill too much blood unless it is necessary for the job to get done with any means possible unless he is not allowed to kill, which is most likely against Nanba prison rules.
A strange side to his personality is that Duwa condemns the usage of drugs and illegal substances by other people, something he ironically does and had done in order to come up with the current serum today that gives Duwa these extraordinary powers of his. Duwa scolds those who he finds out have been under the influence of drugs and substances and will harshly critic the user as he tries to make them feel guilty for themselves and the danger they put themselves into when they had decided to be placed under that state of mind, again it is contradicting Duwa's drug addiction. Another strange side to Duwa's personality and nature is that he cares a lot for his main blade Rose which as mentioned before is a blade that Duwa had won in a bet with another prisoner located in his block, not too long after Duwa had arrived on Nanba prison island. He seems to change when wielding rose as he becomes incredibly more focus and swift when wielding the blade, slicing through air almost effortlessly as he "swims" right at the opponent with the blade intending to hit them in some way or form. It would also be described as Duwa and the blade sharing the same mind as Duwa can cut through lightning speed bullets coming his way in half with just the blade as he somehow was able to angle it correctly and accurately. Duwa also smokes and drinks pretty heavily though never seems to get drunk, as due to his durability Duwa can withstand the harsh and blurring effects of excessive alcohol and the painful chest stings of smoking too much, though these health damages never really seem to actually damage his body according to Nanba prison doctors. There have been sometimes however that Duwa has been caught smoking marijuana even though his great disliking against drug use.
Duwa was born on the twenty fourth of December in a hospital somewhere in the capital of the Philippines, Manila to an unknown biological mother and father who apparently owed a large debt to one of the city's biggest drug lords, a man that was soon to be Duwa's future adoptive father. Duwa lived a pretty average childhood for the first moments of being with his parents but would later come to be mentally scarred after having watched his parents gunned down in a drive by shooting by gang members who had came by to collect their debt to the drug lord, something they were not able to do. Before police could turn up to investigate the loud murder of Duwa's parents he was kidnapped and brought to the criminal mind as a way to lessen the witnesses to the shooting, and with it being the child of the victims it would help cover more of their identity due to Duwa's connection to his parents. Adopting Duwa at the young age of six the drug lord was able to cover his henchmen's identity and involvement with the crime as he continued to operate his drug operation of Meth and other illegal substances now with a young boy to take care, however this was no problem at all. Duwa would go on to live in the luxury of ill gained currency and the pressure of law enforcement coming to get him under the parenthood of his adoptive father who was pretty well known in the criminal underworld of the oceanic region, as illegal substance and drug use has risen drastically over the period of time that his father and organisation have been operating within the Philippines. Five years Duwa would live like this until the fateful day that Duwa would come to later despise his father and as well the use of drugs and substances.
At the age of eleven Duwa's adopted father's organisation was exposed to governmental authorities who sent out numerous police squadrons and elite military forces to the headquarters of their location as city news documented the arrest, something that the city of Manila has been waiting for for a very long time. As government officers barged into the drug headquarters and arrested every single accomplice of the drug organisation it would only take minutes after several shootouts and downed officers that they would reach the office and hiding place of Duwa's father. The coward of a criminal mastermind immediately surrounded to police and military forces as they breached the doors and confronted Duwa and his father in the name of the law and government. As the government officials began confronting on the sins of Duwa's father, the mob boss immediately offered and bribed the government force vast quantities of money that they had somehow changed their mind on arresting the criminal father though there was a problem they had to handle before they left the building. As so the people and officers outside the headquarters would have been wanting to see the criminal lord arrested and bounded as the police dragged him out but since they have changed their mind they couldn't do that without someone to take Duwa's father's place in metal cuffs. The selfish bastard he is, Duwa's father offered to sacrifice his son to the public's hunger for justice something that the inside forces agreed to, cuffing up the eleven year old Duwa and exclaiming his name as one of the most evil criminal minds in the oceanic region as he was carried off to the courthouse. After a long trial and mass amounts of bribing, Duwa was sent straight to Nanba Prison as a way to hide and conceal Duwa's innocence so that those attempting to investigate him could not prove his exclusion from the drug operations.
It was here in Nanba Prison that Duwa could continue a private education as well as starting to take the interest in producing a drug to enhance his capabilities so that he may one day leave the prison to find his adopted father and teach him a lesson. At the young age of eleven Duwa had lost most of his childlike innocence and has such been exposed to horrific criminals and gruesome tales of how many of them ended up here in the same prison as the young boy. Duwa was desensitised because of this and would always hang around the fellow inmates that "ruled" the building, who accepted Duwa into their little family as they took pity on what had happened to the young lad. Here Duwa made many friends that he would meet later on during his life, though one friend in particular was Karina Nanase who served a short period of time with Duwa in his building before being released by her adoptive family, with enough time for the two to get to know eachother and form a strong friendship. Not too long after his imprisonment, Duwa would come to meet one of the guards of the appointed building that Duwa resided, taking notice of the blade and the way that the guard used it in combat. Being the cheeky fellow he is Duwa called over the guard in order to make a bet on an unknown situation, where the stipulations was that if Duwa was to win he would receive the blade that the guard was carrying. Foolishly accepting, the guard later come to regret the choice as he soon saw himself handing over one of his prized possessions over to the little boy, which would start the intense journey of Duwa becoming one of the greatest swordsman in the prison of Nanba, beginning his training with an inmate who shared his cell, a former master of sword play. The training to learn Kenjutsu was tough, though the fact that Duwa was also working on a mysterious serum also seemed to lay more on his shoulders as he attempted to balance the work between sword training and the formulation for the drug. Many memories were made as Duwa trained outside in the highly guarded fenced area where he and his mentor practiced intensely, working within his cell as he closed in nearer and nearer to his goal of finding the perfected serum and studying hard for his continued education all funded by government officials who also took pity on the wrongly accused.
Four years have passed and so much progress has been made, as Duwa has finally found the formula for his serum as well as nearing the ending of his training as he would be finally recognised for his skill of Kenjutsu by his master, who still had a few more years left before he too could be released from Nanba Prison. Waiting some time before he was willing to try the serum on himself, the now fifteen year old Duwa experimented by making some more of the serum with the stock available on rats and mice that unfortunately found themselves scouring the prison and into the cell. The serum apparently kill the mice and rats, for as soon as the serum was injected into the bodies of the small little critters, Duwa noticed that they would fall into a fit of rage as they flurried across the room, nearly destroying everything inside. Afraid that this may happen to himself, Duwa prevented any idea of taking the drug though still kept in case he could use it as a last resort and a final way out. One more year passed and Duwa finally had convinced the Warden and Supervisor to release him a bit earlier than his original sentence, although this was just four months before his initial release. Successfully releasing him self out of prison Duwa began his journey to find his adopted father, and finally end the miserable man's life as ell as taking Duwa's own at the same time to escape the horrors of the real world. Upon finally confronting the father back in the Philippines, Duwa attempted into kill him by injecting the serum into his own body so that he may be able to mindlessly take down his father and kill him for what he has done to his life, although instead of falling into a fit of rag, Duwa was still controlled and calmed as he began noticing the changes within his body, as the drug began enhancing most of his capabilities. Dumbfounded by the effects, instead of killing his father like he originally planned to, Duwa calmly left the building as he left his father traumatised from a confrontation, though thankfully Duwa had not even drew his blade and attacked any of the accomplices of the father.
Skills and AbilitiesEdit
SkillsEditExpert Swordsmanship (エキスパートソードマンシップ Ekisupātosōdomans) Most of his time in Nanba prison when he was younger was spent on primarily two hour sessions of either making the personal drug serum for Duwa to enhance his abilities and become more powerful than he originally was, and the art of swordsmanship as he was trained by an imprisoned sword fighter who shared the same cell as him. Through intense training and extreme determination Duwa was able to fully learn and expertise his knowledge and capability in the first sword art he had learned in Nanba prison; Kenjutsu which is the well known sword fighting art originating from Japan as did his teacher. Knowing for the basics of the art Duwa carried on to learn more sword fighting techniques and arts as well as creating and designing his own ones which he primarily uses due to it's originality and uniqueness to Duwa himself, showcasing the work and deadly methods he implemented into the arts in order to strike them as incredibly deadly. Not only that but he has also revamped and created new techniques for sword fighting arts such as Kenjutsu itself and other arts that he had managed to learn after his release from Nanba prison whilst he worked on the serum. His expertise in swordsmanship has been able to make him substantially swift when striking with the blade as he moves in an instant like a thunderbolt, not giving his target enough time to respond as he slashes or stabs at their body in order to leave a wound to disable them from combat. The precision and accuracy of his attacks are phenomenal as he knows the exact spots and areas for him to and not to attack in order to capture escaping prisoners alive or if need be one strike them down to swiftly end his opponents' lives. As a swordsman, Duwa looks up to Akito Sugimori as he recognises the warden to have surpassed Duwa's way with the blade.
- Kenjutsu (ケンジュ Kenju) Is the traditional Japanese sword fighting art that relies mostly quick movements and complete concentration on the fighter's opponents, which is mostly used to keep track and acknowledge sudden movements made by the opponent. A very cultured and sophisticated sword art of Japanese origins, Duwa is a well trained and vastly experienced fighter of Kenjutsu as he spent most of his time within the walls of Nanba Prison training under a master of the sword fighting art, going through extremely exhausting drills and sessions as well as training to fit the very demanding fighting standards of his former mentor who trained Duwa nearly everything he knew. With the formidable training Duwa is an extremely capable combatant when fighting with Kenjutsu as the methods and techniques Duwa had learned from his mentor has formed Duwa into the killing machine he is today, though uses Kenjutsu to simply apprehend the convicts of Nanba Prison rather than effectively killing them. Kentjutsu is primarily a pattern of attacks that aim to strike the opponent's head, throat and chest region with the throat being the most dangerous as a slash or stab from the blade whilst in Kenjutsu can fatally wound the target as their breathing becomes cut off so one should be sure before they simply strike. The art form is simply about attacking the enemy with quick movements towards their head region whilst also dodging their attacks with minimal movement as much as possible, as Duwa can expertly flick his blade at the opponent with such speed that they wouldn't have enough time for the enemy to react to block and such. A dueling art Kenjutsu only seems to be effective in one against one combat so using this against a group of enemies that may try to attack from many directions would not be recommended based on the nature of the fighting style.
- Iai (
- Arnis (アルニス Arunisu)
- God Weave (神の織り Kami no ori) A set of non powered moves that are still extremely deadly if one was to find themselves on the receiving end of the blade, God Weave is a sword fighting art designed and practiced by Duwa after having managed to learn Kenjutsu and being released from Nanba prison. Named God Weave after a former tutor of his was gobsmacked by the new art, it is very much true to it's name as a single move from this collection of attacks is capable in cratering the earth all with just a slash downward into the ground however there is a special technique in order for one to be able to accomplish these feats. Thanks to the drugs that Duwa had been able to substantially empower himself with he has enough energy or stamina in order to convert and infuse it into his grip as he exerts with extreme force and propels the expelled force onto the blade, where the sword deals the impact on the outside as a way to act as if the blade is all powerful itself. Requiring mass amounts of Stamina and body energy in order to do this, only few swordsman and trained men could be capable of preforming this art form alongside Duwa however unlike Kenjutsu and Aris where they are styles and such, God Weave is actually moves designed for the energy to flow and erupt on impact. This makes God Weave one of the only arts without a style and such is basically a move set as the user and wielder of the blade exerts and forces out energy for the blade to crush anything in it's way. A popular method for when dealing with tougher and much deadlier opponents Duwa will call upon and utilise God Weave to leave devastating effects and crushing pain onto his opponents as they suffer from the all powerful work that Duwa had put into creating this sword fighting art.
- Archangelic Flurry (大天使の鞭打ち Dai tenshi no muchiuchi) although basically made up of simple strikes of the blade being thrust and slashes at the opponent, the name awarded to this move is based upon the intense speed and power used to deliver at least fifty to one hundred of these deadly strikes in just a mere few seconds. A concentrated collection of moves, Duwa must first relax his muscles as he stands firmly with the blade's hilt gripped tightly with a metal grasp, which helps Duwa insert the required physical energy into his muscles and palms for him to accomplish by just quick throws and pulls of the blade within his hands. Archangel Flurry is a move that Duwa aims to enhance and wishes to even go up to at least a thousand even though it may seem impossible on regular human standards, but thanks to the drugs enhancements to Duwa's abilities it seems that maybe some of the impossible can become possible to him. Duwa works hard to improve the move and so practices everyday within the Prison grounds in order to perfect it, training with numerous amounts of sweat running down his face as he decimates many of the training dummies in mere seconds, though to no satisfaction with his efforts. This habit of his has costed Nanba prison to constantly get more and more fighting dummies for the prison to use however it only seems that Duwa himself uses the training dummies to totally obliterate them into stuffing. There is one special aspect of Archangel Flurry is that the finishing move must always aim for the heart, which is extremely dangerous due to the speed and numerous hits that could possibly stab the opponent in many vital areas.
- Crumbling Earth of Mortal Land (瀕死の土地の崩壊地 Hinshi no tochi no hōkai-chi)
- Striking Star's Promise (打撃スターの約束 Dageki sutā no yakusoku) is a move that can slice at two to four opponents at once as it delivers a near fatal blow to the enemy, weakening them severely allowing Duwa to properly apprehend them and send them to the infirmary of the prison if need be, though it is one of the most used of his moves to apprehend multiple prisoners swiftly without using his Second Art. Duwa begins by crouching down in a stance where his eye level reaches the same height to where the majority of the opponents' abdomen is, as he delivers a quick and simple blow to the targeted area with a lot of force for it to swipe at the enemy with one clean cut. There is always the possibility and huge risk of a severe blow to the stomach as the blade goes through the victim, but with the experience and expert-ship over the way of the blade, Duwa is skilled enough to prevent this from happening as he guides the blade through the opponent with ease and confidence. It also shows that anywhere else on the body of an opponent might not work depending on the density of their muscles and tissue, as areas such as the neck, arm, chest, etc. all can be quite cut easily with Rose, allowing the blade to cut through the bone, windpipe and even the lungs if there isn't much muscle there. This move is also recommended that the target should be close to Duwa but just a bit far enough that they are able to get hit by the blade as being too close would result in the opponent getting cut in half at the abdomen, which many prison officers prevent themselves from doing if they want to apprehend an escaping criminal. Striking Star's Promise, like every other one of Duwa's moves is too fast for one to react quickly enough for the incoming blade, making it pretty useful for both easy one move strikes and taking down pretty fast criminals if the time that Duwa finds the opportunity.
- Evangelistic Sparrow's Flight (伝道隊の飛行 Dendō-tai no hikō)
- Cut-throat Slasher (カットスロートスラッシャー Kattosurōtosurasshā)
- Second Art (第二の芸術 Daini no geijutsu) When using the katana Rose, Duwa is able to unlock it's capability of the Second Art which is a power that is held within the katana only unlocked and was discovered by Duwa himself while he was practicing his swordsmanship. Attacks that are based on the swiftness of the blade as well as deflecting off light that it can appear a different colour, Second Art greatly enhances Duwa's skill whilst he preforms it as along with the effects of the drug makes Duwa extremely skilled and dangerous. Duwa will move at super quick speed when striking with Second Art and so the only thing you can identify him using Second Art with before he attacks you which is extremely difficult to do with his speed, wold be a coloured stream of light that appears at the instant he activates the katana's power. With a single strike from second Art, Duwa can take out numerous amounts of opponents in just a split second with just one strike from the Second Art attack, a spectacular view for those that happen to come across and find Duwa preforming this power against targets of his choosing. A last option attack form Duwa has recognised the power within Second Art to be more greater than God Weave, as he resorts to using the strength of Second Art against formidable opponents that display a threatening power or power than matches and/or surpasses Duwa's. Light produced from Second Art is trailed behind the blade as it swiftly cuts the the air and anything that seems to get in it's way, also having the chance to leave a nasty burn as the light can be the product of Rose from heating up. One of his most powerful Duwa rarely brings out the use for Second Art unless the situation fits the terms from above though there can be times he may feel like showing off to prisoners as he mercilessly strikes fleeing escapees down with the deadly methods. Second Art requires the raw energy of the user, meaning their stamina as the special mechanism within the blade of Rose allows the user to focus much of their stamina into the hilt where it is converted into the Ki energy most prisoners of Nanba Prison utilise.
- Crossbar Manoeuvre (クロスバーマヌーバ Kurosubāmanūba) The most basic move of Second Art, Crossbar Manoeuvre is a special move that depends on several factors for the move to be well executed to deal effect: The number of targets, space between them and distance Duwa is from the opponent/s. Duwa will begin by assessing how many targets to be caught up in the flurry and burst of attacks that will be released by Rose, knowing how much power he needs in order to strike them down in one clean swipe as the bars of light power disable his opponents. Next Duwa must eye the distance between him and the targets, which he will guess as to provide more time for the next phase of the attack and as you can see it takes not quite too much time for Duwa to accomplish the move as it needs a lot of concentration and determination in order for one to achieve it. The distance is an important factor for this moves as it tells what timing Duwa needs to release the power energy onto his opponents as not even Duwa could be able to handle his own speed and time so landing the attack primarily depends on the distance and correct timing of the exertion. The final part of Crossbar Manoeuvre is the space between the targets and how close Duwa will be when he must pass against them for the power attack to work, as the closer Duwa is the more chance he is able to spread the blast radius to collect as many targets within the range as possible. This will have to be how far Duwa throws apart the radius so that when he comes to a stop the Crossbar Manoeuvre will trigger therefore taking anyone but Duwa within the range programmed as streaks of coloured light explode and hit the targets that Duwa chose to attack.
- Extending Strike (ストライクの延長 Sutoraiku no enchō) This attack is basically a continuous beam or burning coloured light that shoots out from the tip of the blade of Rose from a violent blast as it travels at an unbelievable speed that gives the target little to no reaction time unless they were extremely fast, like superhuman fast. Building up energy in the hilt of the blade, Duwa exerts a good amount of his energy in order to power up the special mechanism that converts Duwa's raw energy into the mysterious energy, known as Ki for the blade to use. Extending strike just like mentioned is basically a sword beam capable of blasting through solid objects with ease, though the time that it is activated and stays activated all depends on the energy of the user, in which this case is Duwa, who's immense stamina is way more than enough to keep the beam of light going as long as he feels like it. When used right in the appropriate situation, Extending Strike can be known as one of Duwa's most powerful strikes as the intense force and blinding light at the receiving end, as well as the lethal effects that are caused by Extending Strike when coming into contact with living beings, though this can be toned down to make the beam less lethal and primarily for the use of apprehension of the target. Being the main user of Second Art, Duwa has full control over the effects of Extending Strike as he can manipulate the beam to do a variety of effects from just the palm of his hands, such as making the blast either lethal where it burns through targets and tears through them with ease or to make them non-lethal where the beam simply knocks back the target with a powerful force. The downside to Extending Strike however that it can be reflected by mirrors much like attacks with Light Manipulation can, making Extending Strike sort of the Second Art's version of a Light Maniuplation attack.
- Apprehending Strike (ストライクを訴える Sutoraiku o uttaer) A move that requires the enhanced senses of Duwa as well as perfect timing and the right amount of strength, Duwa can quickly and swiftly strike an opponent at vital parts of their body without it being in critical harm at all as a way to both scare the opponent into thinking they might die whilst also weakening their body and leaving them open for more attacks by Duwa. The speed and the power within the blade stop the katana from severely wounding the vital area of one's body but also is able to cut just enough to display some but of blood that it looks real enough to make the targets thinking their heavily wounded, although in reality they really aren't and that they're just bleeding. This precise strike requires a great tonne of care and accuracy for the right soot as the strength to penetrate the skin to allow blood to flow out where the timing stops the blade from getting too far in where it may actually strike the enemy's vital part and kill them. The power within the blade also enhances the sight of the wound as a streak of coloured light will trail after the blade as it is swung or thrust in order to attack the opponent, sort of blurring the impact as the blood comes put to resemble an open wound made by the blade as another way to trick them. This creates the illusion that the target is fatally wounded due to the spot being extremely important for the body's function and if it was to be punctured greatly they couldn't live for too long, weakening their defenses and body as they lower their mind an concentration on Duwa for him to strike again whether to keep them alive or kill them for real.
- Forgotten Art (忘れられた芸術 Wasure rareta geijutsu) A step up from Second Art's ability, Forgotten Art is just the second step to reaching Rose's ultimate power as Duwa concentrates his focus and energy from his body into the blade in order to make the blade extremely more powerful than before, however to activate Forgotten Art he loses a lot of energy for each attack he does. More larger scale attacks are available when Forgotten Art is operating as well as a special enhancement to Rose, that makes the blade more agile as well exceptionally more sharp no matter how blunt or sharp the blade already was before Forgotten Art. Since Duwa is connected to the blade through Second Art he himself also gets an upgrade as he becomes incredibly agile in combat, using the blade to quickly deflect bullets which would be then sliced in half something the normal blade cannot do. Rose also becomes excellently more durable as it can take in bullet damage very easily without a scratch appearing on the metal at all, useful for shielding Duwa from projectiles as well as breaking through other blades must a blade attempt clashing with Duwa's katana. Forgotten Art mainly focuses on the improvement of Duwa's capabilities and moves in the Second Art form of this power as well as interacting with the world around Duwa, with many aspects of this power form mainly using the environment to strike the opponent if not producing power to create light to strike down the enemy with more larger, powerful attacks just as in Second Art. Light from these attacks still can be a variety of colors though this still doesn't change the effect of what these attacks can do, as the light is nothing more but a cosmetic or an appearance to these deadly strikes. Also, it should be noted that Duwa can insert energy from his own body into the blade in order to supply it with more power unlike the Second Art form where the power used for the attacks originate from the blade only as Duwa can now put in more energy and power into his attacks.
- Guardian Whips (ガーディアンウィップス Gādian'u~ippusu) A Forgotten Art move that has two different effects when activated or deactivated, Guardian Whips has the ability to inflict mass amounts of damage to take down even the biggest of enemies. Guardian Whips actually used more thinner strips of power energy that are constantly expelled in a circular rotation around the blade as Duwa holds the blade above his head to ensure that the whips do not hit Duwa himself, which is the way for him to start attacking with Guardian Whips. This circular rotation around the blade makes it so that any enemy around Duwa has the chance of getting hit by Guardian Whips as the thin strips of energy allows Duwa to efficiently expel out numerous amounts of whips to take out those that surround Duwa. These whips can leave a lingering burn and stinging cut when they hit an opponent and so it is recommended that one should use highly dense metal to ensure that they won't be able to feel the pain ushered by the impact of the whip projectiles, as normal clothing and weaker materials lower than metal will surely be cut by the power slung at them. However when Guardian Whips becomes activated through the simple act of concentrating on converting the power within the blade that is contained for the special move, the whips that would usually be expelled straight away actually form up around the blade to point upwards as to prepare for a final blast as when Duwa targets a specific enemy, the whips will proceed to stretch into that general direction. Though since they are stretched towards the target they break off and are flung in the direction of the enemy as they explode with powerful energy that should repel an enemy away from Duwa, unless they want to experience a painful apprehension by Guardian Whips.
Hand to Hand Combat Professional (手と戦闘の専門家 Te to sentō no senmonka) Along with his training of the sword, Duwa also has shown to be quite well trained in the arts of hand to hand combat, or also referred to as unarmed combat which Duwa utilises when ever he is restricted access to his blade Rose or if he needs to apprehend those that show that the blade might be too much for just an apprehension of the target. Trained whilst also practising in the art of sword combat, Duwa practised a variety of hand to hand combat arts which he was taught in order to still keep a fight alive even if he had lost his ability to use the sword, using his fists to take down the opponent with his raw strength and enhanced agility as speed and strength were common factors to fight in hand to hand combat. Duwa's ability with his bare hands are the same with his blade, equally dangerous in both fields though with two different effects that can result in two different ways depending on how Duwa feels to deal with that certain situation. Combatting with a blade is more riskier as the blades he uses are extremely sharp and dangerous for just apprehending criminals, as there is always a chance that Duwa could accidentally cause severe harm to the target as well as the chance of fatally wounding them. With hand to hand combat however, Duwa is in more control of his opponent's life and so can deliver blunt attacks that are capable of knocking down opponents with ease, as it is sae for Duwa to strike enemies this way whilst also keeping their life intact. Duwa should not be taken lightly as his enhanced abilities prove extremely useful and advantageous when fighting with his hands, as he has been shown to apprehend unsuspecting prisoners in an instant if they are not too careful, though not many people know of this capability as he is frequently seen combatting with his blade Rose.
- Vertical Drop Brainbuster (垂直落下ブレーンバスター Suichoku rakka burēnbasutā) is a hand to hand combat move which involves the combatant slamming his or her opponent's head into the ground with extreme force whilst the victim is being held upside down, which is how the move received it's name. An unarmed combative attack, the combatant must first be able to flip the targeted enemy upside down so that their position is to be upside down, with their head pointing downward to the ground. Once the flip of their opponent has been successful the combatant will proceed to catch the opponent by wrapping their arm around the opponent's neck, in a sort of head lock or chokehold as they choke out air and any vocal sounds from the opponent to bring more damage to their body. The combatant will also grab onto the opposer's waist line to get more of a grip on the enemy, before violently dropping them down on their head as to cause brain damage, or just basic damage to the skull. This type of attack has been known to even break concrete floors if the combatant has enough strength to execute the move perfectly, and it should be pretty obvious how the move has received it's name, due to the fact that the opponent is dropped on their head in a straight upside down position, as the victim of Vertical Drop Brainbuster can face a concussion or even worse if the one executing the move is strong enough to do unbelievable damage with this. The aftermath of the enemy being slammed into the ground right on their head may be the same for many though, as the impact of such a brutish attack can cause the victim to cough up mass amounts of blood and even split the victim's head open, as seen when The Warden used Vertical Drop Brainbuster on Mitsuru and he was seen in a large blood splatter on the location of impact. This attack is mainly used as a finisher move against opponents as it is very hard to maintain a strong grip on opponents who are weary and alert during a fight, so it is for the best that users of Vertical Drop Brainbuster leaves this move to the end of their fight where the opponent may be much weaker than they were starting this entire fight. The chokehold that is used in Vertical Brain Buster is an Arm Triangle Choke, a very common kind of chokehold that is commonly used Judo, Brazilian fighting styles and Jiu Jitsu.
- Jujutsu (柔術 Jūjutsu) is a Japanese martial art in which up close unarmed combat is used to take down armed and armoured opponents if the practiser is limited to short weaponry or even no weaponry at all, defying the odds of power as it is entertaining to see what may look like the weakest in the fight victor over the strongest looking, all like a theatrical play of some sort. Jujutsu gives a higher value to the use of pinning, throwing and joint-locking procedures which is highly different to other martial arts such as the Japanese martial arts of Karate, which is much more focused on the use of strikes on the opponent to take them down. A little but of history reasons to why Jujutsu does not focus more on striking techniques, as during the time that Jujutsu was being developed, strikes with the unarmed fist would do nearly nothing to the armour of the samurai, forcing those practising Jujutso to resort to using other techniques from hand strikes and the such. The translation of Jujutsu translates to 'Gentle Art' or 'Soft Technique', and and was made to represent to persuading the opponent's force against themselves instead of using the practisers, as they use the enemy's own weaknesses against, such as their heavy armour. Jujutsu has been known to have many of it's students practise with many potential lethal moves which can almost certainly end in a fatality of the victim receiving the move, showing that even the practise of Jujutsu is still dangerous as well as actually preforming it for real life situations. Methods that Jujutsu uses involve the attacks of things such as throwing, trapping, joint locks, holds, gouging, biting, disengagements, striking, and kicking, all the good stuff you know. This martial arts was taught o Duwa whilst he was practising Kenjutsu, so he is well dangerous unarmed as he is armed.
AbilitiesEditInsane Durability (非常識な耐久性 Hijōshikina taikyū-sei) His most notable ability, Duwa is nearly incapable of feeling or receiving damage even from things such as gun shots, explosives and even point blank attacks from elements such as fire and/or electricity, making him an impenetrable walking fortress. This ability is all thanks to the drug serum that Duwa must take regularly as it is able to somehow strengthen and intensify the density of his muscles and body tissue that it becomes titanium in comparison or even more. This allows Duwa to soak up mass amounts of damage where he is left unscathed from even the most dangerous of attacks, however this doesn't stop others from forcing him back as his durability doesn't allow Duwa to stand against such force. A walking sponge of damage, Duwa can take in several strikes without flinching or reacting as he walks across the battle field casually in a total calm pace through the hell fire that he carries himself through. He uses the durability to also soak in excess residue after powered attacks which he combines and infuses into his attacks that he can use against his enemies, bringing in another use for this ability other than the fact that he cannot be harmed. Although there is a workaround for his powerful ability, as one can overcome his durability through the direct contact of damage to vital organs such as the heart or brain though this would obviously result in the untimely demise of Duwa himself. Another way is to trigger weak points that could render Duwa paralysed or weakened to a forceful strike towards these specific spots, though good luck getting past Duwa as it would be extremely difficult to catch him off guard to take him out through this method.
Immense Stamina (激しいスタミナ Hageshī sutamina) An extremely large boost of energy and it's supply's capacity is also another effect of the usage of Duwa's drug as he can now last more than his opponents without a doubt during the time of combat or any other physical activities. His immense stamina allows Duwa to several kilometres without getting tired and so when the time of training comes Duwa can do a whole training session without breaking a sweat, though doesn't usually partake in training sessions because of his lack for motivation to do so. With the stamina that he has enhanced, moves such as Archangel's Flurry and other fast multiple strikes done by Duwa can be accomplished due to the fact that Duwa has the capability and respurces to do so, executing several Archangel Flurries at his opponents multiple times without the strain of getting tired. His immense stamina is also the addition energy for the natural energy Ki as Duwa's blades power attacks known as it's Second Art utilises both the pure strength and natural raw energy of the user along with their Ki, as it is converted into power through the blade and shaped into several attacks that Duwa can use in his strikes, and is one of the only swords known to be able to do such ability. Duwa is also able to exert more stamina into high powered strikes that rely on more energy being exerted into the arm as it swings towards the target's position, as the stamina allows the strike to go faster and have much more of a kick into the attack. Though hard to do, Duwa's immense stamina can be drained if he is physical for way too long despite having outmatched opponents in terms of their energy or he can also be drained of his stamina to the point where he can feel tired if he faces a more devastating wound to his figure and internal organs but thanks to his Insane Durability, it would be very difficult for one to accomplish the second method unless they were sure it would work.
Incredible Agility (信じられないほどの敏捷性 Shinji rarenai hodo no binshō-sei) Ever since Duwa was a child he was already recognised for his incredible agility by both his biological parents and his adoptive father, having the speed and reflexes to accomplish remarkable feats. With his agility, Duwa can quickly move around the battlefield with ease as he moves along with the wind, effortlessly gliding through the room to avoid several incoming attacks from his opponents to ensure that he does not get hit, despite his insane durability. His reflexes also allow Duwa to instantly react to incoming attacks, such as blocking incoming swift blades or dodging a barrage of bullets as he speeds around the area, using this ability to it's maximum potential when apprehending prisoners. Moves such as Archangel's Flurry rely on Duwa's enhanced agility to land several hits as well as strike the enemy numerous times with his blade as he quickly uses his body's speed to do these attacks. His incredible agility however does rely on Duwa's immense stamina as the more her gets tired the slower Duwa can attack, but thanks to the drug serum heavily increasing such energy, Duwa doesn't mind too much on this liability but is always alert and weary of opponents that seem that they have the ability to do such things. Duwa seems to mostly use speed such as his agility to take down opponents and apprehend them, and with the addition of his blade Rose, Duwa becomes faster than ever as he swiftly takes down targets within the blink of an eye as we strategically and swiftly cuts down the enemy with his razor-sharp blade that he utilises so much. Many guards and inmates of Nanba prison recognise Duwa for his agility and are quite easily annoyed at the fact that Duwa can quickly disappear from a conversation, only to appear on the other side of the room to listen to another.
Improved Awareness (改善された意識 Kaizen sa reta ishiki) The drug serum that Duwa takes also seems to incredibly raise Duwa's awareness and concentration on the environment around him which without a doubt is one of the strongest advantages Duwa can have over the opponent due to the things he is able to do thanks to the improvement to this attribute. The drug has tampered with Duwa's senses of touch, smell, sight and hearing that he could be able to detect an attack way before the pursuer for Duwa's blood even attempts at striking Duwa down showing how powerful he is and the advantage he has over his enemies, as he could sense the violent intent before anything may happen. However, Duwa is sometimes for too lazy to pay attention to these changes he could sense with his approved awareness and sometimes would shake it off as nothing much, with this to prove to be the cause of his future downfall. Ways that Duwa can sense this are extremely easy to understand and just the slightest change in the environment can alarm Duwa's senses which can force him to take action against this sudden change in the wind. With touch he can feel in the wind if there is movement nearby or even touching the ground to detect moving beings that could be coming their way, also having the ability estimate how large these incoming or moving away targets are as well as the number there is in the directions around them, making it easier to hunt prey or even hide from predators must the situation ever come for Duwa. The sense of hearing can allow Duwa to hear even the feint-est of footsteps or the quiet withdrawal of a blade from their scabbard let alone the clicking or cocking of a firearm that Duwa can instantly react to the sound with a counter in some way of physical or verbal form should the need arise. With smell it should probably be obvious enough that Duwa can detect any new or absent scents of the area around him which he can somehow be able to gain information that might be useful for his position and stance, deciding the need for an attack or not. He counters many attacks with this ability where he will carry the job on with the use of Rose in order to deal with the situation accordingly to the prison's rules.
EquipmentEditFang of Cao Guojiu (曹国舅の牙 Sō kokukyū no kiba) is a special weapon collected by Duwa from a former fellow associate who had met up with Duwa at the time of his imprisonment, losing the katana to Duwa in a bet that ended with unknown results as well constructed with unknown stipulations other than Duwa receiving the katana as a prize. Nicknamed Rose (ローズ Rōzu) by Duwa himself as a way to reference the blade's sharpness compared to a razor thorn that sticks out of the rose stem, Duwa is extremely deadly when wielding this weapon as most of combat potential is unlocked when wielding the grand weapon. Made from some of the sharpest steel (magnesium allow) and decorated with the finest jewellery Rose is one of Duwa's most prized possessions and winnings as he carries the blade with such care and delicacy yet also firm and proud to display and upfront his power over those that know they are much weaker than him. The Katana is also mysteriously a powered item as it is able to allow Duwa to unlock the capabilities and use of Second Art, Duwa's power and his second most favourite aspect of his capabilities other than his Insane Durability which is a perfect example and the product of the power of Duwa's powerful drug substance. Having the ability to convert raw stamina originating directly from the user of the powered blade, Duwa's katana is rumoured to have been an ancient weapon used by an opposing faction to the monks who used the ability of Ki, as they would convert their natural stamina to accomplish attacks of some or higher calibur of the Ki abilities. Rose is also very much capable of cutting through most solid surfaces as it cuts metal, wood, skin, bone, etc. as if it was a hot knife slicing through butter, even more dangerous if you were to be on the stabbing end of Rose which could easily pass through your body without any trouble. It is very important that a move with Rose is not to be messed up as a single flinch from the most dangerous blade would surely cut you head open, and is to be handled extremely well which is apparent by Duwa who has been able to recapture several escaping prisoners that attempted fleeing Nanba prison, only to be met by the all mighty and deadly blade. The blade as a standard look to it, as starting off with the sword's blade it looks quite normal to a standard katana, as one could tell how sharp the blade's side and tip is simply by looking at how clean and shiny it is. Still looking at the blade one can also notice that there is a pointed edge on the back of the blade that serves several purposes in combat and such, as Duwa can use the blade for deflecting incoming blades that slide along the back of the blade towards Duwa, and it would also serve as a stopping point to prevent enemies that have been impaled by Duwa's blade from moving anymore closer to Duwa as it immediately halts them until they succumb to their wounds. The hilt of the blade is nothing too much as well, as it is a standard black hilt with white diamond shaped details that bold out, and the cross guard of the hilt is a circle shape to protect the user's fist that is gripped around the blade's handle.
Smoke Grenades (スモークグレネード Sumōkugurenēdo) A stronger version of a smoke bomb, smoke grenades are canister grenades that can be used for several kinds of situations, such as signalling a landing zone or presence much like a smoke signal and more commonly as a screening appliance used to conceal the movement and sight of the users. With funds from Nanba Prison, Duwa has been able to acquire enough of these smoke grenades to use to apprehend the inmates of the prison as well as other uses besides combat and the such. Smoke grenades let out a surprisingly large amount of gas enough to conceal the movement of the people inside the smoke screen that spans in a ten metre radius unlike normal smoke grenades, for these smoke grenades have been tinkered by the one and only Duwa to help him in his combat, which may require a lot of movement in order to land successful attacks. Smoke grenades come in a variety of colours, but the standard dense greyish-black smoke is most favoured by Duwa, though when he really wants it to be special, he chooses to use purple smoke grenades to match his outfit, totally concealing his appearance and making it nearly impossible for enemies within the smoke screen to see him. Also used for escaping, this use for his smoke grenades is the least favoured kind as Duwa rarely enjoys retreating from an enemy within the heat of battle, but nonetheless does know his limits and must retreat to devise a plan, something that the smoke grenades come in handy for as it buys him time. The normal design for Duwa's and the rest of the other smoke grenades in the world is usually a cylinder made from a steel sheet that have four discharge holes poked at the top to allow the smoke gas that is contained within the canister can flow and disperse outward. The smoke composition is commonly potassium chlorate, lactose and even a dye to make the gas coloured, just like Duwa's purple gas which he uses to attack and confuse enemies. The exothermic reactions that all smoke grenades have will cause the container to become blistering hot even after all of the gas within the smoke grenade has been released, making it extremely dangerous to touch though with Duwa's insane durability, he can pick these up without a problem as others cannot do the same as him.
Maykapal (クリエイター Kurieitā) is the infamous drug and life serum that Duwa uses to retain his massive strengths and superhuman abilities as well as keeping him alive, as the downside for using such drug is that continuous users of Maykapal cannot live without the mysterious serum, growing weaker and weaker the more the drug is absent from their body, eventually causing the taker to die after failure of the organs and such. It's name in the Filipino dialect translates to God or Creator, referencing the extreme capabilities that users of the Maykapal drug can do with these new and improved abilities thanks to the drug's enhancing outcome. Formulated and created by Duwa himself, Duwa is the only known user of the drug, having began progress on making the drug ever since his first time entering the walls of Nanba Prison, where he had also learned the way of fighting his enemies with the blade, the art of Kenjutsu. Duwa's most prized creation and possession, it is both a curse and a blessing on Duwa's life, having thought the effects of the drug would've instantly crazed the user of the drug to the point where they would start killing everyone around them, only after having used the drug on himself did he realise it's true effects and continued to study his creation as well as learn it's properties. Duwa is constantly making packs and packs of these in order to keep himself alive, noting that the ingredients of the drug are quite easy to obtain if one knows where the right places are to look, even going as to say that some of the ingredients of the drug could even be found here on Nanba Island. Keeping the recipe to Maykapal to himself, Duwa knows the formula off by heart and refuses to reveal such blueprints to anyone, not even the closest to him.
Smith and Wesson Model 500 is the only one of the many guns that Duwa keeps on his person when patrolling the halls of Nanba Prison, as this is his most powerful gun and also to the world. Duwa's Smith and Wesson Model 500 is a five shot firearm that is able to do the traditional double-action which is also known as double/single action, shooting out the appropriate and fitted bullet cartridges of the .50 caliber bullets: .500 S&W Magnums. The firearm's design was built on the company's Smith and Wesson's largest frame due to the fact that all of the other Smith and Wesson frames could not adapt and handle themselves when utilising the .500 S&W Magnum cartridges, which were known to have created an unbelievable amount of pressures and muzzle energy when fired. The firearm can fire bullets that weigh around 350 gr (22.7 g; 0.8 oz) at a great speed of 1,975 feet per second (602 m/s), thus creating the muzzle energy that became a reason for the gun's building on S&W's largest frame, as the muzzle energy produced goes up to around 3,030 foot-pounds force (4.1 kJ). With all those factors into play one should also consider that the firearm's bullets can reach to a momentum of 13.7 kilogram metres per second. Smith and Wesson have seemed to chosen a different barrel for this special firearm, as instead of using a typical barrel for the gun they have resorted to using a rifled tube in place of their traditional barrel shroud which is secured by the tension from the front of it, which gives it stability and allows the creators of the gun to keep on producing more as the barrel becomes cheaper and the accuracy of the gun reaches it's prime. Countering the force of the recoil from the gun is all in the advanced designing of the Smith and Wesson Model 500, which is the weight of the gun, it's rubber grip on the handle, it's forward balance and it's ability to use a recoil compensator, or also known as a muzzle brake. The distance that this gun can reach can go around an excess of 200 yards (183 m) which is quite impressive considering that only few other hand guns could match this ability, as the Smith and Wesson Model 500 is more appropriate for sport and hunting as the large rounds this fire arm utilises makes taking down large African animals easy, but in this case, Duwa can hunt down escaping prisoners like a hunter in the African wilderness.
Bug-Zapper (バグザッパー Baguzappā) is an Artificial Equipment weapon that utilises it's Ki energy source in order to replicate the effects of Electricity Manipulation, mostly in the form as offensive projectile attacks to fit the theme of it being a firearm. Worked on by Duwa and a few other professors of Nanba Prison, Duwa can call upon Bug-Zapper to either apprehend or kill opponents if the need arises, with Bug-Zapper being one of the many weapons in Duwa's arsenal to by classified as an Artificial Equipment, and the only one able to use Electricity Manipulation. Because of it's ginormous size, this two handed rifle or should I say cannon, makes it impossible for Duwa to dual-wield weapons at the same time as Bug-Zapper, limiting Duwa to only this firearm's capabilities, but that downside is countered by the immense power that Bug-Zapper has within it.
- Raiton Bullets (レートン弾丸 Reeton Dangan): By powering up the activity of the gun, the user can release concentrated electrical energy in the form of a bullet. The gun has been shown to fire these these versatile bullets to perform both offensive and defensive moves, dependent on the amount of electricity put into them. This attack is typically packed with 120 milliamperes (mA) of electricity that, when shot, spark uncontrollably on their path to the target. When they make contact with the target a bullet can cause extremely painful shock, respiratory arrest, and severe muscle contractions over the entire body. The user can even "charge" this attack by flooding the bullets with excessive energy, causing the particles within the bullets to become excited, making the output of their shot up to 1,030 milliamperes! This is a shot that will cause ventricular fibrillation, full muscle contraction, and long term nerve damage. When this Rajin Shot (雷神ショットRaijin Shotto) hits the target straight on, death is almost certain.
Building 2 Security System is the entire trap system of Building 2, the prison building Duwa is in charge of supervising, as he has implemented an entire security system throughout the massive building which is both operational from the main frame computer system located in a secret room only known by the guards which has access to all the security cameras, and is also operational with a discrete microphone placed on Duwa's collar which he can turn on to issue voice-activated commands which the traps also operate to. Since these traps are built in all over Building 2, the prison building is a place where those daring to combat Duwa should rethink, as he utilises the traps and his combat in various combinations in order to apprehend and silence inmates must they step out of line. With voice activation an ability that these traps can be operative to, Duwa can simply turn on the small microphone on his collar and issue specific commands that these traps will have to follow without failure or hesitation, doing what they were programmed to and to strictly follow Duwa, and Duwa alone, for his voice is the only sound activation that it recognise and obey. The trap system within Building 2 is connected to the Building 2's mainframe, which is another place where these traps can be activated, however, it is Duwa who can overrule the commands coming from the mainframe of Building 2, such as shutting down equipment after someone on the main computer activates them. Being connected to the mainframe is also how Building 2's trap system gains it's information, such as prisoner files and the blueprints and structure of the prison building itself. There are various traps that can be activated by the single voice of a powerful man, ranging from turrets, to gas attacks and even the release of dangerous animals that are kept inside the walls to hunt down escaping inmates. If you wondering what these commands would sound like, an example of Duwa encountering Charlotte Nanase on the sixty fourth floor, as he initiates the command by speaking into the microphone: Gun Turret Floor Sixty-Four, Target Inmate 0219, in which case the Trap System of Building 2 will detect where Duwa is and scan the area for the inmate with the same number, identifying their face and such as well as the closest trap next to the target, in this case a single turret shall emerge from the roof and fire away at Charlotte Nanase.
- Gun Turret is the most common variant of turrets scattered all across Nanba Prison's Building 2, where the Gun Turrets outnumber the other variants of turrets throughout the whole of the prison building, being favoured by Duwa because of it's price as a whole and it's raw materials besides using the Ki energised turrets. These gun turrets are actually built on the design of the M2 Browning, otherwise known as the Browning .50 Caliber Machine Gun which is a heavy machine gun that was used design around the end of the First World War, though this design for the gun turrets use a much more advanced variant as to match the modern age. The turret has many features based off the gun as well, such as the addition of a air-cooling system which cools down the motor of the turret when it gets too hot to keep on firing, and the fact that it fires from a closed bolt due to being a semi/full automatic firearm, controlling the amount of shots it can do. This gun turret just like the M2 Browning is a belt fed machine gun though the belts of bullets are stored within the body of the gun turret as to not display the amount of shots the gun has left and to not leave them out in the open, with guards and handymen of the prison building regularly restocking the ammunition belts daily if the turret needs to, usually working in the early morning hours before any of the prisoners have the chance to wake up and leave their cell. The bullets that the gun turrets use is just like the M2 Browning, the .50 BMG bullet cartridges, with a .510 in (13.0 mm) bullet diameter and an overall length of 5.45 in (138 mm), reaching up to a maximum pressure 54,800 psi (378 MPa) which makes it suitable for a machine gun of it's capabilities. Although a machine gun, the .50 BMG bullets are used for long-range target and sniper rifles, as well as other .50-caliber machine guns besides the M2 Browning. These machine guns have two long barrels that extend out after the turret has popped out from the walls or the ceilings, which they have been built into, allow double fire power and more of a chance to hit the target that they have been ordered to fire at.
- Ki Gun Turret is a type of Artificial Equipment that utilises the energy of Ki in order to shoot deadly bullets of energy that have the ability to burn straight through targets, depending on how powered that the Ki Gun Turret has programmed it to be, with this fascinating piece of technology able to scale the power of it's Ki shots in order to utilise them both for lethal and apprehension purposes, something that the normal Gun Turrets of Building 2 cannot do. With an internal source that is infused with mass amounts of Ki energy, these turrets use both electricity and Ki to operate, with electricity behind the mechanical moving and such of the turret, whilst it's attacks and ammunition is powered by the Ki energy installed in them. Due to the advanced technology used to create these Ki Gun Turrets, they are numbered less than the other turrets of Building 2 but remain as one of the strongest variants, with it's ability for their machines to manipulate the effects of the bullets of energy that these turrets can shoot out by the command, such as manipulating the Ki Energy to create bullets of Light, Fire and even bullets made out of Water which are under extreme pressure that they can even cut through solid metal if the Ki was powered enough for it to happen. One of the many kinds of Artificial Equipment that Building 2 uses, it is certainly the most common as there at least five to ten Ki Gun Turrets around each floor of Building 2 that it could even outnumber the amount of Artificial Equipment used by both the prisoners and the guards of Nanba Prison. The size of these shots resemble the same size as a .50 BMG bullet and can reach a top speed of 4,000 ft/s (1,200 m/s), matching the top speed of the fastest bullet in the world, the .220 Swift thanks to the power of Ki energy. This immense speed gives little to no reaction time for the targets and so makes it extremely dangerous if an inmate were to accidentally find themselves in the line of fire of the Ki Gun Turret. Unfortunately the Ki Gun Turret only has one barrel to shoot out from and so only shoots not as much as the Gun Turret, but still has a lot more power when the Ki Gun Turret is operated correctly.
- Ventilation Gas Trap
- Lethal Gas
- Apprehension Gas
Being the supervisor of Building 2, there is one prominent faction that lies within the prison building's walls known as the Nanase Clan, a family organisation made up of seven members all responsible of heinous crimes and the such that they had to be locked up within Building 2, an occurrence which Duwa has despised ever since. Because of the family's presence within Building 2, Duwa has come to call the prison building the Den of the Nanase, due to majority of the faction members being locked up in either the surface level cells or the underground levels cells, and their notable mischief that some members get into. Out of all the prisoners in Building 2, the Nanase Clan seem to cause the most trouble for Duwa, especially Kage Nanase who is a known cannibal and has made several attempts at trying to chew off the faces of the many inmates and guards allocated to Duwa's prison building. But nonetheless, Duwa couldn't image Building 2 without the presence of the criminal family, and is thankful for even meeting them as they have shown that there are definitely people out there in the world that can piss off Duwa daily. However, Duwa has met one of the members of the Nanse Clan before becoming a Supervisor of Building 2, as he has previously shared the same prison building with Karina Nanase when he was an inmate, with both of them becoming very close friends in the time they had before Karina was released back into the world. The two of them have each other's back and can even be considered partners, but this doesn't mean that their friendship overrules Duwa's occupation as a supervising guard of Nanba Prison, so there is still that fine line between officer and prisoner within Building 2's walls. A more interesting one is Charlotte Nanase, who can somehow escape the many traps that Duwa has implemented into Building 2's underground levels just to annoy the hell out of the young man. This fun little relationship between Charlotte and Duwa is nothing more than a joke in the eyes of Duwa though still uses extreme force to lock Charlotte back up in her water tank cell in the underground levels of Building 2.
- Duwa is the Filipino word for Two, so I'm naming my first character on this site Two.
- Images are Mishakuji from Project K.
- Theres a lot of twos that relate to Duwa such as:
- Duwa is the supervisor of Building 2
- Building 2 is the second prison building to be made.
- He is also the second character made on the fanon.
- His name as mentioned before translates into two.
- The second supervisor of a building made in the site.